• Paul Hammel, "Drink, and despair, around every corner in Whiteclay" (Omaha World Herald, 3/7/09)
You should also check out Mark Vasina's excellent and moving new documentary, "The Battle for Whiteclay."
Here's what Frank LaMere of the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska and Chair of the Native Caucus on the Democratic National Committee had to say about the film:
"Chronicles a painful odyssey that should give pause to the caring, the oblivious, and those who don't give a damn."Here are a few things you might do:
• Check it out. Educate yourself about the issue.
• Write your state senator about Whiteclay.
• Hold a neighborhood showing of "The Battle for Whiteclay" in your living room. Or, have your church, school, or other social organization show the film and discuss it.
• Spread the word to other caring people in your world...
Here are some more action suggestions.