Thursday, January 03, 2008

Iowa Caucus Day!

Well, here we are. We made it... the day that never seemed like it would really come. I think I speak for most of us when I say: thank our lucky stars, today is finally - FINALLY! - Iowa caucus day. This election has already been interminably long and we haven't even made it to the general election, yet! But, whoever wins tonight, at the very least, the process will be formally in motion.

That written, in case any stray, uncommitted Iowa Democratic caucusers wander into this blog, here is my final pitch:

A picture is worth a thousand words...







Even the undergraduates at Hillary's alma mater prefer Obama for the Democratic nomination...















And, for whatever it is worth, here is my prediction (admittedly, on the Democratic side, it is probably more of a fantasy than a cold, reasoned prediction, but I'll throw it out there...):

Dems:
• Obama
• Edwards
• Clinton

Repubs:
• Huckabee
• Romney
• McCain


What do you think...?

3 comments:

  1. Well, we will know later tonight whether folks are willing to go with their hearts in a new direction (Obama and/or Edwards), or whether fear will keep them with the perceived "safe" nominee (Clinton). This is truly a huge, possibly historic, day...

    As for the Republican side of things: I can't say I am not enjoying watching them flounder and flip flop. I'm glad I'm not a Republican voter deciding between their crop of fools. I've been there, done that on the Dem side in the past and it is not fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Obama/Edwards ticket may be necessary to end Clinton's run... and keep her out of office for 12-16 years. :-)

    ReplyDelete